Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Julep Polish Collection and photos :)

Before I begin I hope no one minds my penguin quilt I decided to take the pictures on... :) and I promise photos will begin to be more clear and much better. I am actually looking at making my own light box. So soon very soon things should look as they should. Now to begin....

Our collection began with the American Beauty box that included Renee and Emma. A light purple and sheer light pink. And that was where our collection was originally going to stop.



Obviously that didn't happen... :) I'll continue with the rest of the American Beauty colors and then move on to the others. September's American Beauty box came with Hoch and Eileen. A gorgeous emerald green and a beautiful antique white. Both creme finishes.



In September the theme was Trina Turk. And we got a free add-on as a welcome for our first actual monthly box after the intro box. I chose Gunta, this gorgeous blue that was a part of the Boho Glam box.



A friend of little miss and myself surprised us with two Julep boxes that he knew we had wanted. He has a son that is Mileys age and she adores him. First the It Girl intro box with Blake, a creme buttery yellow. Claire, a beautiful sky blue and Morgan, a frosty "grape" purple. (some of the descriptions I do recall from Juleps website and some I am making up off the top of my head. The ones I make up I apologize for... I'm terrible at describing colors)



The second box we were surprised with was a Bombshell box from August. Originally I had been excited for the August boxes before I learned that the first box received was an intro box which kind of bummed me out. That was completely resolved when I opened this box :) Harley, a beautiful silver chrome and Kim, a "gunmetal gray metallic". Kim was more sheer than I expected but still a gorgeous color.



In October the theme was Bewitching. We again stuck with the American Beauty box and received Sabrina, a "zesty" orange crackle and Eloise, a blue like no other. I described it as the baby of Gunta and Hoch from September's Trina Turk collection... :)



October's box was free due to Maven Rewards for two referrals :) so we also got three add-ons. I was in love with the It Girl box so ended up adding on all three colors from that box. Caroline, a deep dark burgundy that for some reason is so gorgeous in bottle and in the sunshine but against my skin tone outside of the sunshine is a brownish color. Still pretty but brown. Leslie which is described as a "black and silver speckled shimmer". It certainly is one of my new favorite blacks. Amazing. And Glenda, a shimmery silver with light silver sparkles in my opinion. It's a fantastic color and the formula of Juleps crackles is so incredible I think it would convert anyone to a crackle lover...



Now I have a few "randoms" that deserve mention since they are just as amazing and then the products, oh the products that Julep offers are too good for words but I'll give it a shot. :)

First up is Gwyneth. A sheer light pink that is PERFECT for French tips. Gorgeous and one of my many favorites.



Next up is my absolute favorite. I can't bring myself to do a manicure without it right now. It's my first Julep glitter and definitely has made me in need of their other ones (namely Yumi but its out of stock...sad) Mila is described on the site as a charcoal polish with multicolor glitter? I'm not sure what they mean by charcoal because it seems to have a clear base but I am not an expert by any means so don't take my word for that. LOL :)



Lastly of the "polishes" is my nail therapy basecoat. Now that I have this I could not live without it. It really lives up to its claims and all of Juleps polishes are 4-free so they almost have pleasant scents all around with a few exceptions. I don't hardly even notice the scents of them which is nice. I really do love this basecoat. I'm curious what Juleps top coat is like but reviews aren't looking too good. This basecoat is pretty amazing though. If the top coat ever goes on sale or is part of a great deal I'll give it a shot. (While I do love Julep... I would never pay retail for these. They're simply too small in size for $14 apiece) The quality does call for the price but I'm just a cheapskate I think in that matter. I can justify some spendy things but 0.27 oz for fourteen dollars is a bit...eh. I don't know. Lol. All I have to say is thank goodness for the Maven program and the deals that come along.













Next post will be my product collection so far from Julep. I think I've made this one long enough... And I'm positive no one will read it this far... Lol but if you do for some silly reason check out my intro post for the link to Julep. If you are interested in the product and want to check it out I would greatly appreciate if you used my referral code/link :) and the code PENNY or COLOR2012 should get you the intro box for a whole one cent. Sounds crazy and there must be a catch but check out my intro post and you'll see that there really isn't :) happy reading.


XoXo
Miley & Amber


P.S. Here's one last picture of the whole set of polishes. :) I left them in order that they are listed in this post.








No comments:

Post a Comment