Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hospital & Jewelmint Arrival :)

So I've been missing from posting in this "journal" of sorts and haven't even done my nails once or little miss Miley's because I was in the hospital again. For the last six to seven weeks I have been in and out of the ER/Hospital with a few respiratory problems figuring out what's wrong. First it was just a visit to the ER with a diagnosis of bronchitis. Then a few weeks later it was back to the ER and then admitted to the hospital from there with pneumonia in both lungs. I asked to be released early so I could come home after four days and they sent me home with the pharmacy and a breathing machine... LOL but I did get better. Then about a week and a half ago I started having trouble breathing again. I used my inhaler and eventually the nebulizer machine again but it got to the point where going to the ER was my only choice. Good thing I did. Turns out I still have pneumonia to a point and I also found out I have Adult Asthma. Most likely caused by the really bad case of pneumonia I had. The DR said it most likely sensitized my lungs so that now almost anything will irritate them.

(I will admit an awful fact. I am/was a smoker. I know it's a nasty horrible habit and you'll be pleased to know I haven't smoked in over a week and I am quitting for a few reasons. My daughter was my first reason but now my health is definitely up there.)




Yes I know I am oh so attractive when in a hospital gown and on oxygen ;) LOL thought I would include this picture of fun.

While in the hospital Little Miss Miley's costume came in the mail :) A friend has a two year old son who is going to be Mickey Mouse and Miley is going to be Minnie Mouse. We ordered the costumes off Party City's website together and they came super fast. I still wish there had been a red Minnie option but the pink version is adorable. Miley refuses to try the dress on as of right now but she loves the ears.




I came home yesterday evening and timing was perfect! In the mail yesterday came my Jewelmint gift from a friend. :)


Now I've never received anything from Jewelmint so I was especially looking forward to this package. With the Buy one Get one code that was used he paid $29.99 for both sets and I chose sets that had two pieces of jewelry apiece. They actually are matching sets :) The Sweet Romance set and the Duchess pearl set. I will admit first that while they are gorgeous pieces of jewelry that I'm glad that we used the code. They aren't the most spectacular quality It's decent but not fantastic.

First is the Sweet Romance set. It's a matching ring and necklace set.




First photo is the description paper they include on the top flap of the box. Then a photo of the two pieces without flash and third photo is with flash.

They are pretty pieces. My favorite is the ring. Only because since becoming a mommy I don't wear necklaces that often anymore. I have a gorgeous strand of black pearls that my daughter decided to break... LOL they need a new clasp now.  But I will wear the necklace for dressier occasions with the other pieces. The ring will just be more wearable for me.

Next up is the Duchess Pearl set. It's also a matching set of earrings and a bracelet but they also are matching to the Sweet Romance set :) So it's a big set of mix and matching pieces.




Again. First is the paper description. No flash. Then with flash. This set oddly enough again has one piece for me that is wearable and one piece that will be for dressier occasions. I wear a bracelet every day so that's the wearable piece for me. I do wear earrings daily but stud earrings. My usual go to earrings are these large rhinestone bow studs. I don't wear dangly earrings for the same reason as the necklace. Now I'm sure that with Miley being almost three I could try wearing them again on a normal basis but I kind of like having pieces for dressing up.

I wanted to take pictures of each piece on me but that will have to wait seeing as Miley took the ring and bracelet and put them in her dollhouse... :) Also working on doing my nails but its sort of a repeat manicure. I love the look of Caroline over black since it brings out the red more for me. Not sure what the accents will be yet but maybe I'll post it.

Xoxo
Miley & Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment