Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday's manicure... one day between them. Sad I know :)

So the manicure I did just Monday with Eloise and Mila chipped in a few spots and I used that as an excuse to redo my nails. Originally I was just going to fix the two nails that had chipped but in removing the polish from those I ended up accidentally removing some polish on the tips of a couple other nails so I just took all my polish off and decided to try a new look.

First I applied the basecoat and then Leslie. It's described as a black and silver speckled shimmer. I really like it but for some reason I can't find a coordinating look that I can bring myself to leave on my nails for longer than a little bit. I think I need to do a glitter look with it or accent with an actual color. I don't know.

For some reason my camera when I'm in Instagram refuses to focus when I'm up close to the subject for the photo... I don't know why and I've been on a mission to figure it out for ages. LOL but that is the Leslie all by itself. Blurry but eh. I didn't get a clear photo before I changed it again.

I didn't like the Leslie by itself and didn't feel up to figuring out some "nail art' so I put Caroline on all my nails except the ring fingers. I ended up smudging most of the nails before I got to the top coat and quick dry drops part. That's what I get for attempting manicures in the middle of the day between feeding kids and etc. :)

So I took all the polish off AGAIN and since I'm pretty paranoid about using up all my Julep polishes since the bottles are so tiny I didn't want to risk using up a whole ten fingers worth of Leslie again. I resorted to the black creme I have of Wet'N'Wild and put that on all ten nails. Let that dry and then put Caroline on again on all the nails except the ring fingers. I was tempted to do some sort of glitter or something extra but I ended up leaving it be with the plain black creme accent nails and I actually really like the muted ish look of the dark burgundy and black. Caroline is a beautiful dark burgundy in the bottle and in bright light/sunshine but in normal lighting looks brown on the nail. It's a pretty brown but I layered Caroline over Leslie originally to see if it came off more red/burgundy if layered over black and it did for me. :) So I am happy with the manicure even without glitter and bright somethings. I think it's a fun fall basic look and hopefully I can keep this on my nails for more than a day before I get bored with it.



Miley has not decided on a finger nail color yet in the last few days after taking her red off but she did decide on toe colors and she even let me paint her toes this time. Usually she has to do them herself. :) The last few days green has been her number one favorite color with purkle in close second. So she chose Hoch by Julep for one foot and a light shimmery green that is a random polish from here in the house for the other foot. She's sleeping right now so I'll snap a quick picture of her cute little toesies. Yes I just typed toesies. :)


Hoch which is her favorite green so far.

 And a light green shade from a random bottle in the house. It's a pretty green and isn't really being done justice in this picture but she is asleep and I couldn't move her feet around too much without bothering her. :)

XoXo
Miley & Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment