Monday, November 5, 2012

New Julep Trina Turk color Alma :) and manicure

I've been slacking on updating this journal of sorts but it's been a hectic few weeks since I got home from the hospital trying to catch up on everything. I need to do a Halloween post too. Miss Miley was the cutest little Minnie Mouse and I need to document it in a post. I did take plenty of pictures. I also volunteered in her bubba's class on Halloween for their class party and got pictures of him as the most handsome Mario :) Miley was running around all day Halloween before going trick or treating with a friend (whose son was Mickey Mouse) going on about how Minnie and Super Mario were the coolest ever.

ANYWAYS away from the rant. LOL. Here's my last manicure. I'm actually working on a new one right now and have just my Julep nail therapy basecoat on right now since this last manicure started peeling up. I'm way too rough on my  nails. Definitely need to excuse the messiness in the photos I'm about to attach... I didn't do a clean up job before photos. Actually confession... I never did a clean up job. LOL Miley started running around like a crazy person so as soon as I got the polish dry I was up and going.

I got a new Trina Turk color in an "exchange" of sorts. Miley's grandma Sandy got the Bombshell box from September and didn't really like the yellow color Alma. I traded her one of my doubles for it. I don't love or hate Alma but I did want another one of the Trina Turk collection. I have three already (Eileen, Gunta and Hoch) and I just wanted to continue the collection.

Yellow is my favorite color but in the bottle Alma was not my favorite. It's actually not bad on the nail. I used it as an accent color. I didn't plan on using it at all right away but when I asked Miley what color Mommy should do her nails next she stuck to Alma. Even after asking her a few more times. :) So I did Eloise from the American Beauty October box on all the nails except the ring fingers and Alma on the ring fingers. I wanted to add to it so I put Glenda (a sparkly silver crackle from Julep) on half of the ring fingers and on the tips of my thumbs. In the photos though I hadn't done the Glenda yet so it's just Alma and Eloise.

I really need to get a handle on the rambling... and make it simpler. But as a journal of sorts I think rambling is aloud... :)

Well here goes with the pictures. I had a hard time capturing the actual shades of the colors but I also take the pictures with my cell phone... so eh. :)


Eloise ended up looking more like Gunta from the Trina Turk collection in this picture but it's actually more of a greenish blue ( in my very bad at judging colors opinion... LOL )


Can I say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Julep is now including which style profile the color is from (you can see on Eloise) as of October :) I actually put the style profiles on the side sticker on the cap before October's polishes came with it already on both stickers (bottom and side).

Here are my messy nails. Sorry :/ And I am still working on getting all my nails to the same shape and length. I am so new to this doing my nails and attempting to make them actually pretty :) So I'll get there. They're actually decent looking right now but I'm sure one will break soon.


Pretty blue and yellow :)

XoXo
Miley & Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment